Deep Release Yoga Workshop
Daoist Breathwork, Yin Yoga, Yoga Nidra
Take a moment to de-stress and re-energise.
In this 2 hour workshop you will move through calming breathwork (pranayama), a sequence of Yin yoga postures followed by a yoga nidra (yogic sleep) meditation.
The goal of the workshop is to allow the body to release physical tightness from the connective tissue as well as emotional and energetic blockages from the major energy centres in the body.
In this workshop you will be introduced to:
- Gentle Daoist breathwork (pranayama) to harness your energy, calm the nervous system and take you into a deep state of relaxation.
- Yin yoga postures to release tightness and tension from the joints and connective tissue and energy centres.
- ‘Yogic sleep’ meditation (yoga nidra) to take you into a deep state or rest. Said to be more effective than sleep for restoration.
Benefits of a yin yoga practice may include:
- Detoxification by stimulating release of toxins from tissue
- Counteracting fixations in joints that occur from daily activities such as sitting at a desk
- Regeneration of cells
- Hydration of tissue
- Release of emotional blockages
- Release of energy blockages (chakra and meridian systems)
The information in this course will be presented in a modern, western context.
You will leave feeling refreshed, relaxed and rejuvenated.
Sunday the 9th of April 2017
11am – 1.00pm (2 hours)
Avirit Yoga and Wellbeing Centre
level 1, 563a North Rd, Ormond VIC 3204
(upstairs from E11even fitness)
*Free parking available behind Sunnybrook Health Store
Anyone aged 12 and over.
What to Bring:
Comfortable clothing that you can move in.
A blanket, beach towel or bath towel.
Ticket price $40 includes booking fee
Kristen Ross is a kinesiology and yoga practitioner who has worked with Chakra and Meridian energy and psychology for 10 years.
Kristen (a former professional dancer) has been a yoga practitioner for over 12 years, and has completed teacher trainings in Purna and Yin Yoga styles.
Her interest in yoga goes beyond the physical and into the metaphysical and aspects of yoga including meditation, breathwork, philosophy and the energetics of the chakra and meridian systems. Her teaching style is integrative, nurturing and accessible. Kristen believes that everyone can access the the benefits of working with yoga.
Kristen runs a private kinesiology practice in Melbourne and has experience facilitating sold-out workshops and for groups, individuals and organisations. She has spoken about the mind body connection at events such as the Mind Body Spirit Festival and Evolve Yoga Festival.
What people are saying:
Q: What did you like about the event?
“The way Kristen explained everything, the mix of a little bit of yang yoga at the beginning, the yin postures and the meditation at the end” ~ Katrina