Chakra Yoga Workshop
Asana, Breathwork, Meditation
In this workshop, you will work through each of the seven major chakras exploring their subtle energy through the use of gentle asanas (yoga postures), pranayama (breathwork), mantra (affirmations) and meditation.
The seven major chakras and their emotional correlations are:
- Root Chakra – Survival, Security, Energy, Trust, Power to achieve
- Sacral Chakra – Feelings, Self-awareness, Self-love, Creativity
- Solar Plexus Chakra – Identity, Self-respect, Self-confidence, Personal power, Willpower
- Heart Chakra – Love, Compassion, Sharing, Forgiveness
- Throat Chakra – Creative self-expression, Communication, Inspiration, Manifestation
- Third Eye Chakra – Intuition, Understanding, Insight, Realisation, Wisdom
- Crown Chakra – Knowing, Wholeness, Enlightenment, Unity, Spirit
In this workshop, you will be introduced to:
- Yoga postures and flows to connect breath with movement and allow chakra energy to build and release to balance and quieten the nervous system
- Breathwork to harness your energy, calm the nervous system and take you into a deep state of relaxation.
- Meditation to connect to and experience the energy of the chakras.
- The psychology of each of the chakras which we will discuss as we move, breath and focus.
Benefits of the practice may include:
- Release of emotional blockages
- Release of energy blockages within the chakra system
- Calming of the nervous system
- Enhanced mood
- Enhanced concentration
- A greater sense of balance.
The information in this course will be presented to be understood in a modern, western context.
Sunday the 25th of March 2018
From 11am – 1pm.
Avirit Yoga and Wellbeing Centre
level 1, 563a North Rd, Ormond VIC 3204
(upstairs from E11even fitness)
*Free parking available behind Sunnybrook Health Store
Adults and teens aged 15 and over.
What to Bring:
Comfortable clothing that you can move in.
Any yoga props that you like to work with (props will be available at the studio)
Ticket price $44 (includes GST & booking fee)
Kristen Ross is a kinesiology and yoga practitioner who has worked with Chakra and Meridian energy and psychology for ten years.
Kristen has practiced yoga for over 12 years and has completed teacher training in Purna and Yin Yoga styles.
Her interest in yoga goes beyond the physical and into the metaphysical and aspects of yoga including meditation, breathwork, philosophy and the energetics of the chakra and meridian systems. Her teaching style is integrative, nurturing and accessible. Kristen believes that everyone can access the benefits of working with yoga.
Kristen runs a private kinesiology practice in Melbourne and has experience facilitating yoga workshops and for groups, individuals and organisations. She has spoken about the mind-body connection at events such as the Mind Body Spirit Festival and Evolve Yoga Festival.