Kinesiology for Anxiety
Kinesiology is incredibly effective in the treatment of anxiety. When combined with counselling it becomes a powerful tool to help individuals leave their worries behind and feel confident moving forward.
What is Anxiety?
Worried or stressed out? It is normal that short-term stress or pressure may cause you to feel anxious. However, once the situation has passed you should be able to return to a normal state. Anxiety is referred to as ongoing anxious feelings that do not subside once the stressful situation has passed. Anxiety exists when anxious feelings are ongoing and/or do not have a particular cause.
Anxiety is a condition that effects our daily life. A person experiencing anxiety will generally feel as though they do not have any control over their anxious feelings.
What causes anxiety?
Anxiety has a range of causes which include:
- Family history of mental health problems
- The occurrence of stressful events. This may include changes in work, living or family arrangements. Relationship problems, traumatic events, abuse, loss or death of a loved one.
- Physical health issues. This may include hormonal problems, diabetes, asthma, heart disease, cancer.
- Substance use or side-effects of medications
- Personality. Some people seem to be more prone to anxiety than others. Some common personality traits that lead to anxiety include perfectionism and lack of self-esteem.
We are all unique individuals and often it’s a combination of factors that contribute to anxiety.
Signs and Symptoms
The symptoms of anxiety may not be obvious as they tend to develop gradually. We all experience anxious moments but these often subside when the stressor is removed.
Symptoms may include:
- hot and cold flushes
- racing heart
- tightening of the chest
- snowballing worries
- obsessive thinking and compulsive behaviour.
- feeling worried and finding it hard to stop worrying
- trouble coping with everyday activities due to worry.
- feeling restless or on edge
- tiring easily
- difficulty concentrating
- long-term muscle pain
- trouble sleeping / insomnia
How Kinesiology works to treat anxiety.
Kinesiology is designed to identify and reduce stress and anxiety on many different levels. In the case of anxiety, often we know that we are feeling anxious but we find it difficult to understand why.
Kinesiology helps identify the causes of anxiety by accessing the many subconscious connections that lead to an anxious state. By working with the subconscious mind to unlock and integrate past experiences and events, we can help the body to let go of stress and the need to feel anxious.
Suggested treatment plan.
When treating anxiety with kinesiology we recommend:
- An initial 90 minute kinesiology consultation followed by 3 – 5 standard consultations 1 -2 weeks apart.
- Further follow-up standard consultations should be spaced between 2 -4 weeks apart or booked as needed.
If you want to find out more about anxiety check out beyond blue and download a fact sheet from their website.
If you would like help managing the symptoms of anxiety between therapy sessions. I recommend downloading my Quick Calm Anxiety Relief E-Book.
Kristen is a Kinesiologist, Dreamworker, Coach and Yoga instructor. She has been helping people with their physical, emotional and spiritual journeys for 13 years.
Kristen specialises in working with the power of the subconscious mind.
Her unique model of conscious wellness is based on working with the energy-body as an interface between the physical body and the mind.
Kristen offers a highly individualised service to help our clients to live consciously, awaken their potential and discover their purpose.
Kristen’s passion is helping you to achieve inner peace, purpose and clarity by discovering your own unique truth and working towards your highest potential.
Kristen practices in Camberwell, Melbourne and is available for online sessions.